State Leadership Team
Supports scale-up and sustainability, writes policies and procedures, and oversees the budget.
Anna Severens Nevada Department of Education – Office of Early Learning and Development
Vacant Nevada State Health Division – Maternal and Child Health
Ann Bingham University of Nevada, Reno & Nevada Center for Excellence in Disabilities
Karen Taycher Nevada PEP
Jocelyn Whitworth Northeastern Nevada Regional Coordinator
Daina Loeffler Nevada Department of Education – 619 Coordinator
Theresa Rowe Washoe Tribe Head Start
Glen Dunlap National TACSEI Faculty
Edie King IDEA Part C Office
Patti Oya Nevada Department of Education – Office of Early Learning and Development
Tina Springmeyer Washoe County School District
Ann Polakowski Division of Child and Family Services – Early Childhood Mental Health
Delilah Krasch Clark County School District
Marty Elquist The Children’s Cabinet
Alberto Quintero Nevada Department of Education – Office of Family Engagement
Nevada TACSEI Staff:
Janice Lee, M.Ed, Nevada TACSEI Coordinator – email@example.com
Jencie Davies , MS, Northern Nevada TACSEI Training Coordinator and Data Evaluation Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
Raynee Clark, TACSEI Quality Specialist – email@example.com
Mysha McClain, Nevada TACSEI Southern Regional Training Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
Robin Kincaid, Nevada TACSEI Parent Engagement Coordinator – RKincaid@nvpep.org
Debbie Odle, TACSEI Quality Specialist – email@example.com
Lashunta Smith, TACSEI Quality Specialist – firstname.lastname@example.org
Coaching responsibilities: Provides support for program-wide implementation of Pyramid Model practices including creation of site leadership team, completing site Benchmarks of Quality and site action plan. Conducts TPOT/TPITOS pre and post assessments. If needed, can also provide coaching for site staff, schedule and prepare on-going meetings with teachers to set goals based on TPOT/TPITOS scores, support implementation of goals and increasing fidelity of practices. Submit coaching logs to NV TACSEI.
Training responsibilities: Advertise for TACSEI trainings; obtain all Nevada Registry approvals and submit all Registry forms, and provide on-going training in the community, at relevant early childhood events and interested sites.
- Community Training and Coaching
- Scale-up and Sustainability
- Parent Engagement
Leadership Teams can have members from both inside and outside of a program. Leadership Team members can consist of, but are not limited to: Administrator, Internal Coach, Classroom Teacher, Evaluation Coordinator, Behavior Specialists, Family Representative
- Administrator Functions – Program administrators can fill multiple roles on the site Leadership team and are essential to the sustainability of Pyramid Model practices.
- Internal Coach Functions –Coach employed by the program or agency who guides the adoption of the Pyramid model at the classroom level.
- Classroom Teacher Functions – Input from teaching staff is essential for all practices involved in the Pyramid Model.
- Evaluation Coordinator Functions – Individual designated to collect and submit program data to the Nevada TACSEI Evaluation Coordinator. Support will be given to the individual in this role.
- Behavior Specialist Functions – An internal or external person identified to support secondary and tertiary behavior support for children exhibiting challenging behavior.
- Family Representative Functions – One or more family representative must be on the Leadership Team. This can be a parent or any other caregiver of a child enrolled in the program. Past parents are not eligible to participate.